20091124

Starting Strength Program

After reading through Starting Strength and Practical Programming, and some other materials, I've decided I'm going to start out with a basic Starting Strength Program...for at least a month. On Jan 1 I'm going to see how my gains are coming along, and re-evaluate my progress from there.

For the first month, my schedule will be as follows:

Week 1
Monday: Squat 3x5, Bench Press 3x5, Deadlift 1x5, Chin-ups 2x8 (adding weight as necessary)
Wednesday: Squat 3x5, Press 3x5, Power Clean 5x3, Dips 2x8 (adding weight as necessary)
Friday: Squat 3x5, Bench Press 3x5, Deadlift 1x5, Chin-ups 2x8 (adding weight as necessary)

Week 2
Monday: Squat 3x5, Press 3x5, Power Clean 5x3, Dips 2x8 (adding weight as necessary)
Wednesday: Squat 3x5, Bench Press 3x5, Deadlift 1x5, Chin-ups 2x8 (adding weight as necessary)
Friday: Squat 3x5, Press 3x5, Power Clean 5x3, Dips 2x8 (adding weight as necessary)

During the week, I'll be following a basic GOMAD (gallon of milk a day) diet, aiming for at least 4500 calories a day to start out, possibly adding more as my gains slow down.

Depending on how I'm progressing at the end of this month, and how I feel like I'm recovering, I'll consider supplementing with some Met-Con work, or other running...basically a shift towards a CFWF type program

No comments:

Post a Comment