20091127

Thanksgiving

Ended up running in a 5k Thanksgiving morning. I wasn't registered or anything so I stopped short of the finish, estimated about 3 miles total run. Time was 22:07 (7:32, 6:49, 7:45). The first mile was slow because there were at least 1000+ people in the race, so the start and first 1/4 mile I was weaving in and out of people trying to get going. I'm going to use this time to calculate my baseline PFT, combined with the 20 pull-ups I can do now and 100 crunches, this gives me a score of 275 (lower than I got last time...definitely need to shape up on the run).

This time gives me an idea of how much work I have to do. The course was pretty hilly, and I think I suffered there, so that's something I'm going to concentrate on. Also, my kneecap has been bothering me, not sure if it's from hitting it or what...but it's been pretty sore, and usually it gets worse after running. I'm going to take the next couple weeks off from running while I work on Starting Strength, hopefully giving the knee a chance to heal up a bit.

I was sore after the run as well...but I foam-rolled my legs when I got home, and they felt 100x better. This foam rolling thing is no joke, I can definitely notice a big difference in my muscle recovery between when I do and don't roll them

No comments:

Post a Comment