20091124

First Day

My training plan thus far has consisted mainly of bodyweight exercises, varying from Crossfit-type metcons to structured PT at RSS Wilmington. As of December 1, I'm going to be changing over to a Starting Strength/CFWF type program (still debating as to which one), along with a GOMAD diet. I'm planning on keeping this up for ~2 months in an effort to build some strength and maybe put on some mass if possible.

This week I'm going to do some tests on myself to establish baseline fitness levels, allowing me to better track progress during my strength phase.

Basically, I'm going to run a regulation Marine PFT: consisting of max rep pull-ups, max crunches (2 minutes), and a 3 mile run. I'm assuming this score will suffer over the course of my strength phase, because it's likely I won't be running as much. As of October 17, when I reported to MEPS, my PFT was a 277 (18 pull-ups, 100 crunches, 20:04 run)

Additionally, I'm going to test my Crossfit Total: consisting of max effort attempts on Squat, Press, and Deadlift. As of September 7, the last time I tested this, my total was 655 (245 Squat, 115 Press, 295 Deadlift). I doubt I'm going to duplicate this on my test, because I haven't done much weight training in the past couple months, but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment